Monday 11 May 2015

To The Unknown Solider



For ANZAC day I have wrote a letter to the soldier that never came back home. I am telling the soldiers how them risking there life to war helped us.


Dear Soldier That Never Can Back Home
 
As I'm writing this letter to you, I am sitting in my cosy classroom. We are safe, warm, and happy. Sadly you were quite the opposite. I want you to know that you are not forgotten.


How did you feel when you went to war? My class heard that a lot of you thought it was going to be a big mysterious adventure. How did you feel when you realised you were actually going to Egypt not France or England? You must have been miserable in the hot dry desert at Egypt.


How did you feel when you first put your uniform on? Was it a thrilling experience? We found out that some soldiers would tear off some parts of their uniform, because it was way too hot. Did you do that too? I can not imagine holding around a heavy bag that is nearly 30kgs.


What did you feel when you were given your food? Was some of the food disgusting? Have you ever run out of food and had to eat rats, mice and other rodents? Did you feel sick? I found out that ginger-nut  cookies were more often eaten in the war than ANZAC biscuits. Did you suffer, and was hungry very often?

Thank you for fighting in the war. I will always remember
 you.
Sincerely Jiwon




No comments:

Post a Comment